- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 good-sized bananas)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour for rolling
- Deep oil for frying
Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen
- Sift flour, measure and resift 3 times with baking powder,
soda, salt, and nutmeg. Cream shortening, blend in sugar, add vanilla, and eggs, and beat
until light and fluffy. Add combined bananas and buttermilk, and stir until well mixed.
Add flour mixture in 3 or 4 portions, stirring thoroughly after each addition.
- Chill before rolling. Remove 1/4 of dough from refrigerator
at a time, knead it lightly 4 or 5 times, roll to 3/8 inch thickness, and cut with floured
2-1/2 inch doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep oil heated to 375 ° F. until golden brown, then
lift out and drain on absorbent paper. If desired, the dough may be covered tightly and
kept in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days, to be fried as needed.
Recipes | Other Theme pages
|Send mail to PastryWiz with questions or comments
about this web site.
Copyright © 1996 - 2018 PastryWiz